Complaints and Suggestions

The Doctors and staff at the Queenswood Practice are committed to providing high quality healthcare and services to patients. We are always interested in your views and suggestions. We would like to hear what you have to say whether it is good or bad – you can contact us using any of the methods below..


We value the opinions of all our patients, therefore we welcome any suggestions you may have. Please feel free to let us know your suggestions by writing into Christian Jennings, the Business Practice Manager, or by emailing the practice [email protected] and marking it for the attention of Christian Jennings.


We operate a complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. This practice complaints procedure meets the national criteria. Its best to tell a member of staff as soon as possible after a difficulty arises and then we can try and sort out those difficulties for you.

In the first instance please contact a Team Leader. They will explain the procedure to you, and make sure that your complaint is dealt with promptly. Formal complaints do not have to be made in writing any verbal expression of dissatisfaction which cannot be resolved within 24 hours should be handled under the complaints regulations and a written record of the concerns drawn up by the practice and shared with the complainant. This will then be managed in conjunction with Christian Jennings, the Practice Manager.

You need to make a complaint within 12 months of the incident you want to complain about, or within 12 months of when you discover that a problem has occurred.

What we cannot deal with

Complaints we cannot deal with

  • A complaint made by any NHS organisation or private or independent provider or responsible body.
  • A complaint made by an employee about any matter relating to their employment.
  • A complaint, the subject matter of which has previously been investigated under these or previous NHS Regulations.
  • A complaint which is made orally and resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction no later than the next working day.
  • A complaint arising out of an NHS body’s alleged failure to comply with a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
  •  A complaint which relates to any scheme established under Section 10 (superannuation of persons engaged in health services) or Section 24 (compensation for loss of office) of the Superannuation Act 1972 or to the administration of those schemes.

How we will deal with your complaint

Where you have not spoken directly with the Business Practice Manager, she will contact you as quickly as possible after your first contact, and usually within 3 working days. She will discuss the complaint with you, take the details, inform you of how the process works, and try to make a plan with you to resolve your complaint.

The Business Practice Manager will:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Invite you to discuss the problem with those involved but only if you would like this.
  • Make sure you are given an apology where it is appropriate.
  • Identify what the practice can do to stop the same thing re-occuring.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

All medical records and information is protected by the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are acting for someone else, we need to be sure that you have the authority to do so. We will need a letter signed by the patient, or some other proof if they are not capable of doing this, before we can discuss their details with you, even if you are a very close relative.

The exception to this is young people and minors under the age of 16 where the parent or legal guardian is acting for them.

Getting Help

Haringey Clinical Commissioning in conjunction with NHS England can also assist further they advise the following:

If you have a comment, complaint or compliment about a GP, dentist, pharmacy or optician, please contact the practice directly in the first instance. If you are unable to resolve your complaint with the practice, please contact NHS England: email: [email protected] / tel: 0300 311 22 33 or write to: NHS England, PO Box 16728, Redditch, B97 9PT.

Further useful information can be on their website:
please follow this link

The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service may be able to provide you with help; they can help you draft a letter / arrange interpreters etc.

Tel: 0300 330 5454


About VoiceAbility

Tel : 0300 330 5454

Remember :
All complaints are dealt with in absolute confidence.
Complaining will not affect your treatment or rights to treatment at the practice or anywhere else in the NHS.

Useful names, addresses and telephone numbers

The Business Practice Manager is Christian Jennings
Telephone 020 3143 3500

The Health Service Ombudsman for England
11th Floor
Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP
Telephone 0845 015 4033

General Advice may be obtained from:
NHS Choices