In 2016/17 the following individuals are advised to receive flu vaccination:
- All children aged two to four. (Children aged 5-7 will be vaccinated at school)
- Those aged six months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups- Asthma (if you take salbutamol alone you do not need a flu jab), COPD, Chronic Heart Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease, Chronic Liver Disease, Chronic Neurological Conditions, Diabetes & Certain conditions that are related to your Spleen or a weakened immune system.
- Pregnant women
- Those aged 65 years and over
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Carers (For family members, for those who work in care environment employers should provide the vaccination)
We will be holding Saturday Flu Clinics on 1st & 15th October 8:30-12:30.
Please book your flu appointment online via patient access or speak to the reception team for more information.
If you are unable to attend for the Saturday flu clinics we will provide other weekday clinics throughout October & November.